The General Santos City Water District was organized through Board Resolution No. 116, as amended by Board Resolution No. 224 series of 1987 dated August 21, 1987 of the Sangguniang Panlungsod, General Santos City.
On November 29, 1988, the Certificate of Conditional Conformance No. 370 was issued by Local Water Utilities Administration to formalize the establishment of General Santos City Water District.
The WD’s mandate is contained in Presidential Decree No. 198 as amended by PD Nos. 768 and 1479, otherwise known as the “Provincial Water Utilities Act of 1973”, declaring a national policy favoring local operation and control of Water Systems; authorizing the formation of Local Water District and providing for the government and administration of such districts.
Sec. 5 of Title II of PD 198, the purpose of forming local water district include the following:
- Acquiring, installing, improving, maintaining and operating water supply and distribution systems for domestic, industrial, municipal and agricultural uses for residents and lands within the boundaries of such districts,
- Providing, maintaining and operating wastewater collection, treatment and disposal facilities, and
- Conducting such other functions and operations incidental to water resources development, utilization and disposal within such districts, as are necessary or incidental to said purpose.
The General Santos City Water District envisions to play a vital role in upgrading the life of its people by providing safe, potable, reliable and affordable water service.
We commit to fulfill this vision through sound management, professional staff, efficient service, sustainable development, and active participation and partnership with the community in the protection of our water resources.